Thursday, October 3, 2019

Elevator Pitch


My name is Sam Redden and I am a student in Principles of Entrepreneurship. I am here today to talk about my platform, Job-pedia, that will be at the forefront of educating workers in constantly evolving job markets of the present and future. ~10 seconds
  •        Technological globalization is changing the market place constantly and businesses must adapt. Technology is already disrupting existing jobs, and creating new jobs that never existed. Change is happening so rapidly that 65 percent of today’s grade school kids in the U.S. will end up at jobs that haven’t even been invented yet.~14 seconds
  •        Learning on the job will never stop as technology and jobs continue to evolve. The skills gap in our workforce is actually an information gap. ~15 seconds
  •       This provides an opportunity! There is currently a disconnect between education providers and employers. Let me get to the point. ~9 seconds.
  • I want to solve this disconnect and improve the education of people so that they are relevant in transforming job markets. This will be done through my platform, Job-pedia, which will help workers across every industry in the modern world. ~12 seconds
  •      This platform would be focused on allowing access to training and courses online, so that workers can be informed of skill updates while they work. By providing this service, my platform will allow the users to remain relevant in their workforce. ~13 seconds
  •      The beautiful part about this platform is that the target consumers of this product will be millions of workers from different industries across the world. Imagine a learning place for workers that also serves as an Encyclopedia of ever-evolving jobs and skill sets. That is what Job-pedia could be. It would allow users to keep up with the information gap and the constantly evolving job market in modern times. ~27 seconds

·       Job-pedia, the Encyclopedia of Evolving Careers
·       Thank you.

Total: ~105 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

1) After reading my posts from throughout the semester I can honestly say that I think I have grown as a student and a person while taking t...