1) You.
My name is Sam. I am a third year business management major. I love sports, books, learning, and management. Skills that I have include being a great communicator, listener, and decision maker. My aspirations for my career are to take the skills and foundations in management that I have learned through college and apply them to a job/career in the professional field. However, I would also be interested in pursuing my revolutionary platform, Job-pedia, which would allow workers around the world to stay educated on their constantly evolving job fields. This platform would be a major part of my life if I pursued it but it would give me fulfillment in helping people stay up to date in our changing world.
2) What are you offering to customers?
My platform would offer users a one-stop place for all of the data relevant to their careers. Users could access details on the future of their career field and see how it is evolving and what skills they must develop in order to not be left behind. Users would have access to training courses online so that they may stay relevant in their workforce. The platform would also act as a learning place that serves as an encyclopedia of ever-evolving jobs and skill sets. That is what Job-pedia could be. It would allow users to keep up with the information gap and the constantly evolving job market in modern times.
3) Who are you offering it to?
3) Who are you offering it to?
The beautiful part of this platform is that the target consumers of this product will be millions of workers from various industries around the world. Not only the current workers but also anyone looking to start a job in a new field. Job-pedia would offer services useful to anyone working in today's modern world. The only demographic which would not have a use for Job-pedia would be people not working and not looking for work such as children and retired adults.
4) Why do they care?
4) Why do they care?
People will care about this platform because people care about having a competitive advantage. Being a user of this platform would allow workers access to value information regarding their career field and how it is evolving. Knowledge is power and workers will be interested in a platform that can provide them with job opportunities and job security.
5) What are your core competencies?
5) What are your core competencies?
The thing that sets us apart is that the idea for this platform is unique and would provide a service that no one else is providing. The platform would not be like anything else on the market because it would be a database of information on careers, training, and skills needed in today's job market. There has always been miscommunication between jobs and institutions (colleges) that are supposed to be preparing students to work at these jobs. This platform would solve that miscommunication and allow workers to see what their job entails which no one else is providing currently.
Feedback Memo
I did not receive much feedback on my first Idea Napkin post so I left most of my answers the same because I thought they did a good job of answering the questions. Two main points I took away from the feedback that I did receive was that my platform would be useful and beneficial to people around the world and the information from my platform could be used to help people be successful in their chosen field. Job-pedia satisfies a need for many people around the world and the feedback from my first Idea Napkin confirmed this. The feedback I received confirmed that Job-pedia could be a realistic business opportunity to pursue.
Hi Sam,
ReplyDeleteThat's really a great idea. In our ever evolving world, it's so important to stay up to date and keep yourself at a competitive level so you don't fall behind. Along side experience and education, you don't want to become outdated or looked over because you're lacking certification of some time or lacking a skill that is newly necessary.
Hey Sam,
ReplyDeleteI think it is awesome that you have the desire to pursue this after graduating. I definitely see the potential of this platform and the great opportunities it can bring. The knowledge gained from this platform would be extremely beneficial to many people. I am not aware of anything like this so it would be new and fresh to consumers.
Hello Sam,
ReplyDeleteThis idea of a career coaching system is great and in today's time is really important. There is a lot of confusion of what people want to do or even they don't know and your service could show them a path. You did a great job with this and it could be an idea you should look into developing.