Friday, September 13, 2019

My Entrepreneurship Story

The most exposure that I have had to entrepreneurship has been through my parents. Neither one of them is an entrepreneur but they both taught me about the business world and about working hard to get to where you want to be. My dad has taught me a lot about investing over the past few years which can be equated to being an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur is a person who starts a business and is willing to risk loss in order to make money. In other words, entrepreneur's invest money into businesses risking loss for profit. Being an entrepreneur, therefore, is not so different from investing in the stock market as both risk loss in exchange for increased profits. My dad has always taught me that meeting a market demand can lead to economic gains and entrepreneurs are great examples of how this can be done. Entrepreneurs will identify a problem in a society and then create a product/service which solves the problem. They then develop and manage a business venture in hopes of making a profit due to meeting a market demand. 
The reason why I enrolled in ENT3000 is because I believe that entrepreneurship is very similar to problem-solving. By learning more about the principles of entrepreneurship I can hope to improve my problem-solving (and problem finding) process and develop long lasting skills that I can take into the business world. Taking this class will be interesting and provide me with the know how to start my own business venture in the future. Solving problems is something society is constantly striving to do and the entrepreneurial process represents that as it is always at the forefront of innovation and progress.
Photo of my dad and I on our family's boat back home


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

1) After reading my posts from throughout the semester I can honestly say that I think I have grown as a student and a person while taking t...