The issue is that climate change is going to cause global temperatures to continue to increase. Because of this, I saw an opportunity in cooling technology as it will become more and more valuable as the earth continues to warm up. While researching this topic I ran across an article talking about how researchers at Stanford have begun using a solar material - an optical film 1.8 microns thick, made of quartz and silicon carbide, which not only reflects heat from the sun but also uses radiative cooling - to reflect as much as 97 percent of sunlight while emitting the thermal energy of the building it is placed on. This technology could revolutionize the way we cool houses and investing in it and creating a product based on this technical breakthrough would be extremely profitable in the future as people look for cooling solutions in the future. This product/service would be the installation of this solar material on the outside of people's houses so that heat is reflected off of it and simultaneously cooling the inside. While installation might be expensive, it pales in comparison to air conditioners when you realize that you do not have to pay a monthly fee for it.
My biggest problem with developing this product/service would definitely be the research and development aspect. Refining the material to make it as efficient of a cooler as possible and then developing it to insert on houses is a large task. While the research and development would be intensive, if an effective product could be produced there will be a market waiting to buy. As temperatures continue to rise the world is looking for a new cooling revolution and this could be it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Final Reflection
1) After reading my posts from throughout the semester I can honestly say that I think I have grown as a student and a person while taking t...
-
Opportunity: The consequences of climate change are here and rising temperatures provide an opportunity for a revolutionized cooling system ...
-
Opportunity The opportunity that I have identified for this venture is customers who are in search of information related to their careers ...
-
1) The exit strategy that I plan on executing involves growing the company for around 5 years until the user base is large enough to attract...
No comments:
Post a Comment