I interviewed three people who met the criteria of the segment that I had chosen which was college students looking for information about careers and future job opportunities. As with the last people I interviewed, these students all said that in order to try and find a solution to their problems they would search Google, buy books on the topics, and ask guidance counselors in order to find out about their future career and necessary qualifications were. They also said that the most important quality they were looking for that allowed them to make their choice was the price of the service and the wealth of information that was provided. One of the people I interviewed also said that the style and usability of a product would also affect his willingness to buy. What I gathered from this is that the price of my platform and the information that I provide with it will be the most important thing to focus on as well as the usability.
How/where do they buy?
Everyone I interviewed said that they would only purchase a product like this online which makes since as the product I am offering would be an app. Because of this, cash would not be an option and customers would have to pay with either a debit or credit card. My service would work very well with card purchases and make it very convenient as you can download the app whenever you want.
Post-purchase evaluation
The main thing that I gathered from my interviews is that they want the product to be useful and provide them with the information they need to make informed decisions. This means that they will realize the benefit of their purchase when they start using my platform to meet all of their career planning and research needs. As long as my platform does what I advertised it does then consumers should be happy with their purchase.
Conclusions
Describing this segment, I would say that consumers have relatively similar opinions on what is important to them with regards to my platform, Job-pedia. Most consumers in this segments are focused on the price of the product and how much information it offers them. Having a low-cost platform with a plethora of information about jobs and careers would satisfy this segments requirements. Consumers will evaluate the platform and they will be happy if the product is useful and provides them with the information they need.
Hello Sam,
ReplyDeleteThis is the same thing with the app I am interested in. The money made would have to be with a purchase of the app or subscription based app. This is a great thing that could help individuals find the career guidance they need. Not everyone has the appropriate people in their life that can help them set for their professional careers.