Friday, October 11, 2019

Halfway Reflection

1) Behaviors that I have used to keep up with the requirements of this course have been time management and focusing on the assignment at hand. This course has been challenging at times due to the 2+ assignment due each week. However, I have combated the heavy workload with a dispersion of work and by working ahead of schedule. I start a Google Docs page at the start of each week so that I can constantly work on the assignments due that week. This allows me to begin thinking about and working on these assignments 4+ days before they are due. I will type out rough drafts and then have the rest of the week to proof read and edit. By doing this I produce better content because I do not have the stress of a deadline looming over me and make sure that I will finish the assignment before it is due. I also make sure that whenever I am working on an assignment in this class, or any subject for that matter, that I focus on the task at hand with a tenacious spirit. By using time management and focusing on the task at hand I have been able to keep up with the requirements of this course.
2) Sure, there have been moments when working on assignments for this class that I have wanted to give up. What helped me pull through is taking breaks and working on something else for a little while. Many times when doing this it would allow my brain to wander and subconsciously answer a question that I was stuck on. When working on a project or job you must have a tenacious attitude and never be willing to give up. However, this does not mean that you must continuously work on something until it is done. It is perfectly fine to take breaks and accomplish other tasks or rest. Coming back to a problem with a fresh viewpoint can lead to the solution many times.
3)

  • Show a commitment to time management.
    • These assignments are not extremely difficult however they require a lot of thought and preparation to do. Consistently starting the assignments early each week and working on them throughout the week will put you on the path to success in this class.
  • Having a tenacious spirit when approaching the class and assignments.
    • Entrepreneurship is about identifying problems and attempting to solve them. You must have a tenacious approach to this and persistently try to find solutions to things as well as trying to identify problems. 
  • Being engaged when studying and reviewing the materials.
    • Oftentimes, we will read things yet not engage with them. It is important to engage with the material and really give it deep thought. Doing this will also help develop the tenacious mindset and constantly viewing things with the fervor and tenacity that is necessary. 

Image result for tenacity


I included this image because it reminds me of the legend of Sisyphus which represents the tenacity that is necessary each day in order to become successful. Sisyphus was punished by Hades and forced to push a rock up a hill each day just to have it roll back to the bottom every night. Sisyphus displayed persistence and tenacity by completing his role even if he never made progress. 








3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam,
    I really like what you said about engaging with a post instead of simply "doing" it. Like what the professor said in the beginning of the semester, this course is what you make out of it so if you're looking to learn and grow, you must dive deeper and put more meaning into what you're doing. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam,
    This was a well thought out. You can tell from this post that you plan out your writing and pass through it a couple times. Time management is important for this class is important because you can not do these assignments last minute. all these assignments demand a good amount of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,
    I liked the graphic image that you included as it really portrayed what you were saying about persistence and tenacity. It is essential to spread these assignments out during the course of the week in order to get through the workload. I also liked your idea about opening a google doc at the beginning of the week, I might start doing that myself.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection

1) After reading my posts from throughout the semester I can honestly say that I think I have grown as a student and a person while taking t...